Practice Period 2017 — A commitment to Zazen
- A commitment to daily practice at Dragons Leap or at home at: 6 am. Tuesday thru Saturday, and
- A commitment to sitting with the Dragons Leap Sangha on Sunday evenings at 6:30 for zazen, a talk and tea.
- Participation in the two - day-long sittings at Dragons Leap: October 8th, and November 12th.
- Meeting 2 times individually (dokusan) with our Guiding Teacher Dairyu Michael Wenger and one meeting & tea with the Shuso.
- Sesshin (Wednesday thru Sunday) December 6th to 10th 6 am – 8 pm
- Shuso Ceremony Saturday December 9th 4:00 pm
8 Week Course – Mumonkan – We will study the 48 Koans and commentaries.
Join us for the course, even if you cannot commit to the full Practice Period. The course will meet on 8 Sundays from 5 – 6 pm beginning October 15th.
2014 FALL PRACTICE PERIOD
The tradition of intensive or focused periods of practice is common to virtually all schools of Buddhism. In the Japanese Zen tradition these practice periods are known as ango (peaceful dwelling). This time tested training is an opportunity for practitioners to clarify their spiritual intentions, to deepen their realization and to more fully integrate their practice life by dedicating themselves to a specific and focused time and tenor of Buddhist practice. Returning in this way to the three treasures of Buddha, Dharma and Sangha the entire community is upheld and revitalized.
COMMITMENT TO PRACTICE AGREEMENT: All practitioners are welcome to join the practice period. Participants in the practice period are required to make a commitment to meditation, study, and participation in the Dragons Leap Sangha.It is important to be realistic about our responsibilities and maintain balance in home, work and spiritual life. From that understanding, participants in the practice period are asked to design a practice intention that will push them beyond their current level of commitment, is doable given their circumstances and preserves and respects family, health and work.
COMMITMENT TO PRACTICE AGREEMENT
Please complete the Practice Commitment Agreement. This is a coaching tool for you to remind yourself of your intention and to help Dairyu and the Shuso to support your intention and your practice. This commitment sheet is for outlining your personal practice commitment for the ten weeks of the practice commitment period. Personal commitments can include some flexibility, in consultation with Dairyu Michael Wenger.
Practice — A commitment to Zazen
1. A commitment to daily practice at Dragons Leap or at home at:
a. 6 am. Tuesday thru Saturday, and
b. 6 pm Thursdays
2. A commitment to sitting with the Dragons Leap Sangha on Sunday evenings at 6:30.
3. Participation in the two - day-long sittings at Dragons Leap: October 11th, and November 8th.
4. Meeting 2 times individually (dokusan) with our Guiding Teacher Dairyu Michael Wenger and one meeting & tea with the Shuso: Richard Urban
Study: Dogen’s Essay: Yuibutsu Yobutsu – Only a Buddha and a Buddha
Sunday evenings 5 – 6, beginning October 5 for eight weeks.
Registration & information: Please speak to Steven (415) 742-0215 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about registration or payment options.
One Day Sitting - October 11th $50.00
November 8th (One day and full moon ceremony) $50.00
The eight week Yuibutsu Yobutsu Class $80.00
Sesshin is Dec. 3 - 7 $100 .00 (Includes breakfast and lunch).
The Practice Period Package $200.00
Sliding scale is available to all.
Opening One Day Sitting Saturday October 11th 6 am – 6 pm
Yuibutsu Yobutsu Class Sundays - 8 Weeks 5 – 6 pm
October 5th, 12, 19, 26
Sunday Meditation Every Sunday 6:30 pm
Zazen 6:30 talk at 7:05, tea at 7:30
One Day Sitting Saturday Nov. 8th 6am -6pm
Shuso Ceremony Friday December 6th 4:00 pm
Sesshin December 3rd to 6th 6 am – 8 pm daily